Search Mojo has an immediate opening for a Public Relations & Social Media Manager in our Charlottesville, VA headquarters. The Public Relations & Social Media Manager will be responsible for all PR and social media efforts as they relate to search engine optimization, for both Search Mojo and our clients.
- Creating and submitting press releases on behalf of Search Mojo, as well as our clients (as required).
- Coordinating blogger and reporter outreach efforts as needed to support SEO for Search Mojo and our clients.
- Continually monitoring for and pursuing PR opportunities for both Search Mojo and our clients.
- Working with clients’ existing PR teams to determine best approaches to building links through PR.
- Working with account teams to advise clients on their use of social media for SEO.
- Assisting with the creation of content pieces for Search Mojo (such as infographics and guides), as well as for clients (as required).
- Managing the social media presence for Search Mojo - creating a calendar, writing posts, and publishing updates.
To be considered for this position, candidates should have/be:
- A strong background or degree in communications, public relations or journalism.
- 2-3+ years of experience in a PR/communications, journalism and/or social media position. Agency experience is not necessary, but is a big plus.
- Excellent writing skills are a must, including the ability to write press releases (with knowledge of AP Style), blog posts and articles, and marketing copy.
- Strong research skills to locate bloggers, reporters and contact information (solid Google-Fu skills are a definite plus).
- A highly motivated, self-starter who can understand the requirements of a project/campaign and execute with minimal supervision.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment in a constantly changing industry and with a broad mix of clients.
To apply for this position, submit a resume and cover letter via the Search Mojo website. If we contact you for further consideration, you will also be required to submit writing samples (such as press releases, blogs, or other content pieces you’ve written).
**Please note that this is NOT a telecommuting position.**