The Focused Ultrasound Foundation, a medical research, education and patient advocacy organization in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking an a full-time IT Associate. This position will work with the Information Technology and Data Manager for the Foundation to assist with end user support, systems management tasks and several larger IT projects.
As part of the Foundation's administrative team, this role will work closely on a daily basis with the other parts of the Foundation to ensure things run smoothly and to assist with a variety of tasks and projects.
Post updated 4 May 2017
Focused Ultrasound Foundation
Full Time Employment Position
The Focused Ultrasound Foundation, a medical research, education and patient advocacy organization in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking an IT Associate who will work alongside the IT Manager and play a key role to ensure that critical systems are running smoothly and to provide technical support and education to Foundation staff.
- Maintain critical, day-to-day IT needs of the Foundation's team, including hands-on end-user support.
- Support IT functions critical to the Foundation's fundraising, marketing and communications with external partners.
- Collaborate with the IT Manager with the selection and implementation of improvements to the Foundation's systems and software.
- Work with IT Manager in educating staff in the use of newly adopted software, hardware and A/V and other office equipment
- Maintain and troubleshoot peripheral office equipment that interfaces with the office's computer system, such as printers and copiers.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot the A/V equipment used during fundraising and other presentations, and ensure compatibility of software intended for use at these events.
- Assist with systems management tasks including network infrastructure, password resets, permission adjustments and security lists management.
- Maintain and update the Foundation’s content management system and knowledge base.
- Regularly contribute to the full set of IT and user documentation
- Assist with routine data imports, exports and integrations.
- A team committed to fulfilling the Foundation’s mission
- Knowledge that your work will have a direct and positive effect on the lives of patients worldwide
- Work within an ever changing and rapidly growing field
- Generous and comprehensive health and welfare benefits
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Windows 7 and 8 desktop/laptop support experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience installing and configuring a variety of application software
- Experience working with web-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS tools)
- Working knowledge of office IT and network systems
- Knowledge of Android and/or iOS devices
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Working with Windows Server environments
- Experience working at an IT help desk
- Knowledge of more in-depth computer network concepts
- Working with web platforms built on PHP/Joomla
- Familiarity with database systems; Salesforce experience is a plus
Please note employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check