The Focused Ultrasound Foundation, a medical research, education and patient advocacy organization in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking an a full-time IT Associate. This position will work with the Information Technology and Data Manager for the Foundation to assist with end user support, systems management tasks and several larger IT projects.
As part of the Foundation's administrative team, this role will work closely on a daily basis with the other parts of the Foundation to ensure things run smoothly and to assist with a variety of tasks and projects.
- IT support to Foundation staff to resolve various technical issues, answer questions related to applications and assist with the general support of the organization.
- Support of printers, copiers and audio visual equipment such as projectors, televisions, projection screens, microphones and speakers.
- Under the direction of the IT & Data Manager, assist with systems management tasks including minor network adjustments, password resets, permission adjustments and security lists management.
- Work with web-based Content Management System to help keep the website and web infrastructure up to date.
- Assist with routine data imports, exports and integrations.
- Participate in the implementation of an updated network security infrastructure.
- Assist with the creation, management and updating of a Foundation knowledgebase for many areas.
Skill and Experience Requirements
- High-level problem solving abilities
- Experience operating as part of a team
- Windows 7 and 8 Desktop/Laptop Support
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Basic computer hardware support
- Application software installation/configuration
- Working with web-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS tools)
- Basic system infrastructure and network knowledge
- Knowledge of Android and/or iOS devices
- Very detail oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy.
- Working with Windows Server environments
- Knowledge of more in-depth computer network concepts
- Working with web platforms built on PHP/Joomla
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Familiar with database systems, Salesforce experience is a plus
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields preferred.