The Interaction/User Experience Designer is accountable for driving development of website and application interaction design from conceptualization to implementation, utilizing user-centered design principles. This position works collaboratively to envision, design, prototype, communicate, and conduct research on user experiences for global CFA Institute customer-facing web properties and applications. The position will be headquartered in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA and will report to the Director, User Experience.
- Drive development of website and application interaction design from conceptualization to implementation, utilizing user-centered design principles.
- Work collaboratively with web team, information technology, and internal stakeholders to create innovative conceptual designs based on the latest web technologies and usability standards, arriving at solutions that balance business objectives, end-user experience, and technological realities.
- Effectively communicate abstract ideas through presentations, wireframes, mockups, task flows, and other deliverables.
- Integrate research and analytics into decision making. Compile and evaluate research needs, analyze research findings and translate into actionable recommendations.
- Initiate, plan, and conduct both in-person and remote usability testing. Create interactive prototypes for proof-of-concept and testing purposes. Contribute to other forms of user experience evaluation as needed.
- Keep the customer at the forefront of design conversations. Lead design studios and develop user profiles, personas, and customer journey visualizations.
- Guide organizational user experience practice by defining, documenting, and communicating design patterns and guidelines.
- Assist with web content creation and strategy, information architecture, web page design, and related tasks as required to maintain the team’s production goals and standards of service.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, or related subject, master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience designing complex websites and applications. Link to online portfolio or work samples to be submitted with resume.
- Work displays foundation in user-centered design methods and techniques, including persona creation and customer journey visualization.
- Proficiency with design tools like Visio, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Experience creating rapid interactive prototypes with Axure or similar prototyping tools. Experience with remote testing software like Optimal Workshop or UserZoom.
- Able to identify emerging technologies and their implications for our organization, initiating internal discussions and innovation.
- Proven ability to plan and execute user research and usability tests, providing analysis and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and well developed project and time management skills.
- Comfortable managing vendors to accomplish research and design activities.
- Experience with a range of software development methodologies. Kanban, SAFe, and/or Lean UX experience a plus. Experience leading design studios.
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
- Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
Occasional travel for usability research and professional development
CFA Institute is the global, not-for-profit association of investment professionals that awards the CFA and CIPM designations. We promote the highest ethical standards and offer a Interaction Designer range of educational opportunities online and around the world. Who We Are - We have more than 90,000 voting members and 136 societies worldwide. All agree to abide by our Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct. What We Stand For - Our mission: To lead the investment profession globally by setting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence. What We Do - With our member societies, we offer a range of educational programs and services for our members, program candidates, investors, employers, institutions, and the press.
Please apply on our company website at: https://osv_cfainstitute.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers