Have an Idea?
The CBIC blog is our community’s voice on technology topics that educate, advocate and celebrate. It provides timely insights on issues of relevance to tech businesses and stimulates dialogue and action to accelerate innovation and entrepreneurship. Bring your voice to the discussion. You’ll be contributing to a robust, sustainable technology-based economy and raising your own profile as a thoughtful and engaged community member.
Anyone can submit a guest blog post but space considerations will first be given to CBIC members.
Our blogs posts are written primarily to appeal to CBIC’s members – technologists and technology entrepreneurs as well as the legal, marketing, financial and other professionals who support tech businesses.
Technology topics that are interesting to our readership generally fall in the following categories:
- Technology business essentials and business development
- Talent and workforce
- Economic development, policy and advocacy
- STEM education
- Emerging national tech issues and implications for our region
- Industry specific including biotech, IT, B2B and consumer goods and services
- Entrepreneurship and innovative thinking.
Content and Style
- Tone: Be conversational but not preachy. Add a catchy title to really stimulate the discussion.
- Word Count: We won’t be counting words, but you can generally say what needs to be said in less than 800 words.
- Previously Published Work: It’s ok to repurpose your previous work for our blog. Please be sure to include appropriate credits and links, and make sure that it’s current and relevant for our readers. If you publish your CBIC post elsewhere, please be sure to provide credit and a link to CBIC’s blog post.
- Images: Please include 1-2 images (.jpg or .png; at least 300 pixels wide) with your post. Be sure that the images are royalty-free or that you hold the rights. We’ll use our discretion to add images if not included with your post.
- Bio: Include a few sentences about yourself, including your company, title and social media links. Feel free to include a head shot as well.
- Edits: We may edit for clarity, grammar, tone and relevance. We won’t publish any post that is self-promotional or abusive.
- Promotion: We will promote all posts via CBIC’s social media platforms, website and newsletter. Please promote your post through your own networks too.
- Comments: All posts will include a comment section. Please check comments on a regular basis. Consider posting the first comment to engage your readers.
Entrepreneurship, Startup, Innovation, Charlottesville,Virginia, Funding, Investment, R&D, Science, IT, Biotech, Consumer, STEM, Workforce, Talent, Careers, Infrastructure, Small Business, TNT, Gala, UVa, PVCC, Albemarle, Marketing, Policy, Social Media, Health, Legal, Software, Computing, Networking, Technology, High Tech, Economy, Big Data, Tech Tour