CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cavion, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, announced today that Dr. Spyridon "Spyros" Papapetropoulos has joined as Executive Vice President, Research and Development and Chief Medical Officer. Dr. Papapetropoulos will lead Cavion’s research and development organization to advance therapies based on the company’s T-type calcium channel (Cav3) platform.Read More
The University of Virginia Foundation is inviting applications for our Marketing & Relationships Manager position, responsible for marketing the UVA Research Parks and promoting research/academic relationships between the University and the private sector. The Marketing & Relationships Manager is also charged with developing and maintaining positive working relationships with Park tenants, University faculty and staff, and community leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement detailed marketing plans geared to attract local, regional, national and international companies/organizations to UVA’s research parks.
- Market and promote the Parks to UVA faculty, administrators, and their corresponding corporate contacts.
- Show real estate/space to prospective tenants and brokers and collaborate with the Asset Management Team to develop lease proposals and agreements, and other appropriate documentation.
- Collaborate with the Real Estate Development Team on the development of new buildings and common area/amenities projects.
- Assist the Director of Marketing with
promotionof the Parks to economic development, governmental, community and other organizations as required.
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree with a minimum of 3-5 years work experience in real estate, economic development, marketing, or science and technology.
Additionally, possessing knowledge of both academic and business settings, having the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across a broad spectrum of areas, such as research professors and high-level business executives, are essential qualifications. Candidate must possess strong critical thinking skills and understanding of technical concepts.
The University of Virginia Foundation offers a professional work environment. Benefits include health, dental, 403(b) retirement savings account, paid time off and educational tuition reimbursement.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Human Resource Department via e-mail or US mail